Crowley is the Workers’ Party candidate in the North West Ward for the local elections on June 4th.
Mick is married with six children
and has lived in Knocknaheeny for over 30 years.
Mick has been active on a large number
of local issues in the area over the last ten years, including:-
• Demanding a programme of genuinely affordable houses and for an end to the boarding up
of houses at a time when 5,000 Cork
families are on the city’s housing list.
• Fighting against the drastic cuts in education, health and disability services.
• Opposing anti-social behaviour.
• Mick has led the call for the provision of jobs for the North West Ward.
• Mick has campaigned for proper leisure facilities for people of all ages –
which must be affordable.
• Mick has campaigned strongly for resources to end the educational disadvantage
in the North West of the city. Local people must be given the skills to get
employment in the new wave of industry.